Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Featured Author - Seb Kirby and Take No More Free Book 4/11/12

Free 4/11/12 - Grab a Copy Now

Reviewer says: Since my day job is an art teacher, I really enjoyed the inclusion and the art angle in this novel. The novel is based in Europe and the whole thing gave me the feeling of being whisked away on a mysterious trip - a great escape. There were also enough twists and turns to keep me reading and thoroughly engaged. I usually read books quickly, but read this one faster than usual as I had to learn the final outcome.

The writing is solid and I would rate this a darn good mystery. I would read another book by this author and hope he is working on something new.




I was raised with books - my grandfather ran a mobile library in Birmingham and my parents inherited a random selection of the books. They weren't much interested in them; the books were piled up in a box room, gathering dust. I would disappear in there and resurrect much used classics - Zane Gray 'Riders of the Purple Sage', H G Wells 'The Invisible Man', Charles Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities' and more obscure stuff that I don't now recall. I was hooked.

There was gap, a long gap, until I was lucky enough to find an inspirational school teacher. He donated his own books to make a lending library in a stock cupboard off the classroom. Kids queued to borrow the books. Except these were the classics - Franz Kafka 'Metamorphosis' and 'The Trial', George Orwell '1984' and 'Animal Farm', Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn 'One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich', Ray Bradbury 'Fahrenheit 451', Boris Pasternak 'Dr Zhivago', Arthur Koestler 'Darkness At Noon', Vladimir Nabokov 'Pale Fire', Ken Kesey 'One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest', Aldous Huxley 'Brave New World'.............

I've been an avid reader ever since.

Interests

Writing. Jazz (Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, their modern day musical descendents). Writing about jazz. Science. Travel. Favorite places (in no particular order): Venice, Florence, San Francisco, San Diego, Boston, New York, London, The English Lake District, Lisbon, Crete.

No comments:

Post a Comment