Thursday, August 23, 2012

Book Review - Her Fake Romance by Donna Fasano

Growing up I loved romance novels. Loved the idea of being in love and living happily ever after. Somewhere between my early teenage and adult years romance books became a formula - same story, different town or country. And then they really changed. Instead of giving me a tantalizing view of passion that left me breathless and warm all over I got a detailed description of sex. I found myself moving away from the genre as I was no longer entertained, but basically bored.

In the last year I've found myself delving back into the genre with Indie authors.  A new journey, and one so far I'm truly enjoying. Yesterday I started Her Fake Romance by Donna Fasano.  I had work to do, and things I needed to accomplish, but once I started--well, the day was over until the book was finished. I loved it. Loved the story, the characters and yes--I loved the ending.

Ryan need a female partner to escape the amorous advances of a friend's daughter, and Julia needed to show her teenage daughter she wasn't just a workaholic, and that she did know how to have fun. Neither believed in love or happy endings and neither wanted a "relationship".   They became the perfect "fake" couple.

Looking for characters true to life, and a story that will pull you in from the very first page and keep you there all the way to the end?  Don't miss this one!




Other books by Donna Fasano

2 comments: