Friday, March 15, 2013

$.99 Mystery/Suspense - Book 1 in series


“Imagine a killer who can kill at will from a distance. No gun, no weapon. Nothing more than a thought."
Catherine Mans has the ability to see and hear what others can’t. With the help of Homicide Sergeant Cody Allen, she’s turned that talent into a successful profession as a psychic consultant.
But Catherine’s past is coming back to haunt her. Someone is threatening the lives of everyone she loves.
Nine bodies have been discovered, and Catherine is the FBI’s prime suspect.
To prove her innocence, she must unravel the secrets of her past, and answer the challenge of a deranged psychic.
Bet you can’t…FIND ME!

"If you love the psychic suspense of Kay Hooper and the witty characters of Tammy Hoag, you'll love Find Me!"

Review by Jud:

Psychics. Not something I would believe in or indeed think that I could believe in so I was very surprised when I found myself not cynical about this story! Linda Prather really drew me in and had me 100% convinced, there was no 'like that would ever happen moments'. I don't quite understand how she did that, if someone was to tell me a first hand account of something like this happening I don't think I could be as riveted as I was to this story. However, I was hampered by the fact I kept reading psychic as physic but that is no reflection on the author although perhaps I should get my eyes tested...

The story starts with a psychic Catherine, who is helping the police with a missing person investigation. Suddenly, the FBI appear and it seems that Catherine is wanted for murder, but did she really do it? The reader is taken on a roller-coaster journey following Catherine and 3 other characters as they try to get to the bottom of the strange happenings. At times it is unclear even who can be trusted or indeed if any of the characters can be trusted. The case finally takes them to Louisiana and the Bayou where the story reaches it's climax and resolves.

The whole way through the story I couldn't wait to read what would happen next, there seemed to be so many twists and turns that I couldn't predict what was coming. I couldn't read the story fast enough, a brilliant read that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a crime novel, especially if they enjoy something a little bit different to the norm.

Thanks Linda!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Linda,
    This is a really nice blog. You have some very interesting and informative posts here along some good reviews and opinions. If you are interested I think I could help to get you some more readers and more exposure?
    I am searching for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers - glipho.com
    Please check us out and drop me a line at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.
    Best!
    Hubert

    ReplyDelete