Saturday, December 14, 2013

Author Newsletters

Up until this year I really hadn't given much consideration to newsletters for fans, but having signed up for several myself and enjoying them immensely I decided to start my own. My first newsletter will go out tomorrow 12/15 and I'm excited. I stay in touch with fans on twitter and facebook and with my blog, but this is something totally different. In the newsletter I can share personal tidbits about my writing, my characters, my favorite authors and best of all--I get to give things away. Those who know me know how much I love giving things away and I'll be giving away $100.00 each month in 2014, as well as one month (not sure when yet) hosting a $500.00 giveaway. Yes, you heard it right--$500.00 to one lucky winner. Why? Well, newsletters are a form of advertising. You hope to reach fans who love your books and your characters and want more. I easily pay over $500.00 for a BookBub ad, which results in sales, but I'm not sure that everyone who buys these discounted books actually reads them, and I'd rather give my money and my time to the fans of Jacody Ives and Catherine Mans and hopefully to fans of that shh..... don't tell anyone--new series hero coming out in 2014.

I also love sharing my meditation/self-hypnosis/aromatherapy recipes and healing techniques that have worked for me and others. Through the newsletter I can offer these to people who are looking for something along those lines.

And last, but not least, it gives me an opportunity to share some other independent mystery authors and their books, introducing new material to my fans that I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy because I loved it. I would never recommend a book to my fans that I didn't enjoy myself.

If you're a mystery lover, Catherine Mans Fan, or Jacody Ives fan and love newsletters as I do, you can sign up for my newsletter on my blog here; my website at: http://lindasprather.com or the Catherine Mans Fan Page - email signup.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! Let's have an amazing 2014 together.


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment