Friday, March 16, 2018

Book Review - My Gift To You by Tracie Delaney
















I haven't read a romance novel in years, but after months of crime thrillers and psychological thrillers I needed a change. When Tracie offered this as an ARC I jumped at the chance to crawl out of the darkness and into the light.  I am so glad I did.

It's really difficult to review a great book without giving spoilers that to me would dampen a reader's enjoyment, and I want every reader to enjoy this book as I did.

For heartbroken Livvy Hayes, the world went dark two years ago when tragedy struck.

With her life in tatters, she flees to California where an unexpected meeting brings handsome businessman Gabe Mitchell into her life.

Gabe loves a challenge and Livvy is his newest endeavor. Her broken spirit calls to him, begging to be healed. And who knows, she might be the one to heal him too.

Can he persuade her to take a chance on him--and convince her that together they have a future?

Or will fate intervene and destroy them both?

This is a highly emotional read that will make you laugh, but will also pull at your heartstrings and have you crying, so I suggest a huge box of Kleenex be on hand and within easy reach.

I totally enjoyed following Livvy and Gabe's romance, as he introduced her to a life she'd never known before. The characters are well developed, witty at times, and the descriptions of the trips he takes her on fascinating. I loved seeing the world through Livvy's eyes.

If you're a romance fan and not into they have a fight, get back together, have sex and live happily every after--then this book is for you.  A compelling drama that will lift your spirits and break your heart at times.  I highly recommend it.

OTHER BOOKS BY TRACIE DELANEY



Tracie has a large selection of wonderful reads. For more visit her Amazon Author Page.

Amazon Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment