Sunday, March 29, 2015

Beyond A Reasonable Doubt - Meet The Bad Guys

I've rated this book R for language, violence and rape. If you're offended by any of that, you may want to pass on this one as it's much stronger and more graphic than my usual novels.

















THE BAD GUYS

Michael Elkins ~~ Corpus Christi's up and coming golden boy. Michael wants to follow in his father's footsteps, all the way to the Supreme Court, and he doesn't care who he has to step on or betray to get there.

Favorite Quote ~~ I don't really have a favorite quote from Michael Elkins, but here's a scene that should tell you a lot about his character and just how vile he is.

Michael kept his back to her as the scotch kicked in, placating his tattered nerves and easing the rage inside. Maybe this wasn’t such a bad thing after all. Public sympathy would be on his side—and he’d have the inheritance. He wouldn’t have to worry about begging for campaign funds. He needed to think fast. Jenna would start asking questions soon, and he wasn’t prepared to answer them yet. A small smile played around his lips. A mother’s death was supposed to be a horrible thing, but in that case, it just might be a blessing in disguise.



William Elkins ~~ Former federal judge. Gambling addict, womanizer, and a true disgrace to the robe he wore for so many years.

Favorite Quote ~~ Once again, I have no favorite quote from Judge Elkins, but here's a small scene that gives you some insight into his character and his ego.

“You let that judge talk to me like I was some common criminal. Me! The lousy son of a bitch. When this is over, I’ll see he gets his, just like all the rest of them.”



Marcus Dade ~~ Handsome, rich, and attorney for the upper echelon of criminals. Marcus was a very interesting character to write. There were times when I wasn't sure he was a bad guy, and times when he turned my stomach. One thing I was sure of, he didn't like loose ends, and he would stop at nothing to make sure there weren't any.

Favorite Quote ~~ I'm not sure I would call this a favorite, but it was a little bit redeeming.

He had nothing but contempt for Michael Elkins, a spineless little shit that had chosen the wrong side.


AMAZON

USA
UK
FRANCE
GERMANY
SPAIN
ITALY
JAPAN
CANADA
AUSTRALIA
INDIA
BRAZIL
MEXICO
NL


Like what you're reading? Please help me spread the word by sharing the news with friends you feel would enjoy this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment