Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Easy Dieter's Tip that won't cost you any money.

Now that I've shared delicious recipes that will add the weight to your body, I thought I'd share an easy tip to help you take it off with little to no effort, and basically no cost at all.

Those who know me best know I drink tons of coffee. I don't add sugar, and now I'm not adding cream so I've always believed that I wasn't adding to my weight problem. Wrong!

According to a recent issue of Prevention Magazine the body has what's called a Fat-Burning "Thermic" Response. In other words, certain foods and things we do cause the body to work harder and thus burn more calories. Woot! Wouldn't that be great. And here's the tip: Ice water.

I know, I know, you've heard for years that you needed to drink 8 glasses of water a day to be healthy. Even when I do that I don't lose weight. Perhaps because I'm not drinking ice cold water. And perhaps because I'm flooding my system with hot drinks like coffee and tea. If I buy into the Fat-Burning Thermic response, it makes total sense to me. It takes my body longer to "heat" the ice drinks, and therefore my system has to work harder and thus burns off more calories.

I'm going to give this a try. In the next four weeks I'm not really going to diet/diet, but instead I'm going to give it a heave-ho effort to cut down on the amount of hot drinks I'm consuming, and incorporate at least 5 to 8 glasses of "ice" water into my daily routine. In the past no matter how much I dieted or even drinking 8 glasses of water my weight loss has been nomimal at best, depressing me to the point of eating that piece of chocolate cake I had so long denied myself.

Summer is upon us, and I for one need to lose a little of that winter pudge (a five year winter pudge in my case) and if drinking cold drinks will give me a little boost--then I'm all for it.

Hope you have a great day, and grab a glass of ice water and keep it on your desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment